The IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG 2024) Doctoral Consortium aims to provide a forum for doctoral students to discuss their research and career objectives with experienced researchers of international repute. One of the benefits of the consortium is the networking environment to establish new contacts and collaborations with other researchers. It will also serve to spread awareness amongst the students about career options in both academia and industry.
The FG 2024 Doctoral Consortium will be held during the conference. It will start with an informal introduction by senior researchers. Afterwards, student participants will present their research and receive feedback from the invited committee. The students will also be paired with a mentor from the committee on the conference platform and can interact with their mentor during the conference directly on specific topics of interest.
Doctoral students working on research problems related to the FG community are invited to apply for the Doctoral Consortium. Chosen applicants are expected to actively participate in the consortium and the conference.
Submission Deadline: 1 March 2024
Notification of Acceptance: 25 March 2024
Doctoral Consortium Date: TBA, 2024
We encourage submissions from doctoral students working on their dissertations with partially published results. We promote diversity and equality, both in terms of research topics as well as participating institutions and individuals. We do not expect more than two students to be invited from each institution to represent a diverse sample. Women are especially encouraged to apply. It is not necessary to have a paper appearing in FG 2024 to apply to participate.
To apply for the Doctoral Consortium, please submit:
- A CV (max 1 page).
- An extended abstract (max 4 pages) following the FG 2024 paper format. It should describe the research vision of the applicant, a summary of the work till date, a working plan, and a discussion of future plans and challenges. The work should still be in progress.
- A supporting letter from the thesis advisor that endorses the student’s application to this Doctoral Consortium and briefly describes the progress or status of the student’s thesis work.
NOTE: All materials including the supporting letter should be combined into a single PDF file and submitted through the FG 2024 submission system. Incomplete submissions will be desk rejected.
SUBMISSION PORTAL: Submissions will be done via CMT. Details will be provided soon.
REVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESS
All submissions will be evaluated by the Doctoral Consortium Chairs. Paper topics should be related to the conference themes. Submissions will be evaluated on:
- Quality of the submission.
- Expected benefits for the student’s research.
- Student’s contribution to the diversity of topics, backgrounds, methodology, etc.
For further questions, contact the Doctoral Consortium Chairs:
Bulent Sankur, Bogazici University
Oya Celiktutan, King’s College London